One of Fred Dibnahs

This is a win win post If you have seen it before you will not complain If you have not seen it before you will not complain.

's not one I do not remember seeing before.

Reply to
ARW

top stuff!

would any of that be "allowed" today?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

No. Kevin McCloud would be there filing a series of shoots for the next series of GD while some wretched folk, intent on making their home out it, run out of money/hit planning issues/have weather problems/whatever before eventually blowing a fortune on a glass-floored luxury kitchen on a platform jutting out from the 12 and a halfth floor.

Reply to
polygonum

Method statement: "I tried one before like, but it didn't go reet, we learned lots of lessons though"

Risk assessment: "The fire brigade might be pissed-off if you don't inform them of a controlled burning"

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have seen it before. One hell of a man. A true northerner. Not some soft southern pussytwat. The best thing he ever did was to destroy those old mills etc. I have been in a few and can sense the misery of the workers in those places. It takes a lot of feet to wear down stone steps. The old mills that are still trading are run by our Asian masters.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Yes, they do seem to be rather good at running things

Reply to
stuart noble

Kids helping build the fire... and not a hi-vis jacket in sight.

Reply to
Simon Cee

Just admit it. You never liked work did you?

Reply to
ARW

Then there's something wrong with you. My father was a weaver for 40 years and took huge pride in creating the very best cloth. He and his mates loved their jobs: the mill workers were one big family. 'Misery' wasn't a word I heard any of them use.

A simple statement of fact...

Not all of them. The mill where my father was a weaver (and, later, my daughter worked in the office) is owned and run by white, Anglo-Saxon Yorkshiremen and is doing pretty well.

Another nice one where he shows you how to ladder a chimney:

John Rumm

Pride is a good word. .

Reply to
ARW

My father was a weaver for 40

+1 As a kid I'd visit mills with my mum who bought direct from them. My memory is that the womens laughter was louder than the machines. Seemed a very happy place.
Reply to
Simon Cee

In article , ARW writes

Thought I saw you cycling around in the background ;-)

Nice one, ta.

Reply to
fred

A mill caused me some misery as a child.My mother worked in a Lancashire cotton mill as a teenager and like most of the woman learnt to lip read as the machinery was so noisy. I could never mutter anything derogaratory or swear if she could see my face. Got me several clips around the ear that did.

G.harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Spot on! I had the great pleasure of buying him a pint a few years back. In the flesh, he was *exactly* the same as on film.

Reply to
newshound

Officialdom eh?

My uncle Roger used to help Dibnah with his demolitions in the old days

He wasn't one for rules and regulations either

geoff

Not one I do not remember seeing before? So its one you do remember seeing before then, or is my binary screwed due to me not being awake yet.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Please don't top post.

Reply to
Huge

I loved my work.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

And enjoying to help build the fire! Nowadays their mothers would do it for them in case the little darlings got a splinter in their finger.

Reply to
ARW