One for the plumbing experts ...

Hi all. I recently bought a whirlpool bath that has a side water inlet, that doubles up as the overflow assembly. Whole lot is integrated with a click-clack waste outlet. It's a Crosswater model U1. No problem so far. The 'taps' I am going to be using are actually a pair of deck-mounted valves, which I am intending to connect to the hot and cold feeds, with flexible tails. Again, no problem so far. Now the bit that I'm not sure about. The water inlet assembly has two ports. One of these has a nylon right angle male - male threaded adaptor (which has a pair of 'O' rings and which I don't recognise as being any kind of standard fitting) screwed into it, and the other has a blanking plug, which would suggest that the manufacturers are expecting a 'normal' installation to have a single mixed supply to the assembly. So, given that my hot and cold supplies are both low pressure, from the hot water storage tank and the header tank in the loft respectively, am I ok to just mix the outlets of the hot and cold tap valves via an equal tee, and then just take a single flexible tail from there to the bath's inlet assembly ?

I am thinking that this would be ok, because my shower room is fed from the same hot / cold circuit, and the shower uses a combining mixer valve. Also, the bath that I have taken out, was fitted with a mixer tap which had a shower outlet. I have maintenance valves fitted to the hot and cold supplies (both 22 mm) so I could 'trim out' any pressure differential between them, if it was felt that it was likely to be an issue.

Any insights, thoughts or advice on the best way to do this, and the best fittings to use for the job, much appreciated.

TIA Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily