One floor tile not stuck :(

I tiled the bathroom floor last weekend. This weekend I've come to grout and fit skirting, but I've found just one tile hasn't stuck properly.

The floor is WBP ply screwed at regular intervals (no more than 20cms apart) all over, on to existing floorboards which are, in turn, screwed tight on to joists and I have used flexible (for wood floors) adhesive.

It's an end tile, on the threshold between the bathroom and the hallway and I suspect I was a little too keen fitting the brass floor divider and forced the tile to move a little, when fitting the divider, before the adhesive had set hard.

Are there any tips/techniques for removing a single floor tile and relaying? There are tiles on three sides of this one (all are fixed fine).

Cheers.

Reply to
JustMe

If you have a spare tile lever it up and scrap..if not try brick aid to clean it.

I tiled UP to my dividers, and filled the gap with grout..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What's Brick Aid? Google's never heard of it.

You're likely capable of cutting a much smoother tile edge, than I.

Reply to
JustMe

I think he was suggesting brick acid (which dissolves cement), but as you used a ready mix adhesive, which are polymer (glue), not cement based, brick acid will not do the trick.

If you need to rescue the tile, lever it up, gently, and try soaking it in water overnight - the adhesive should then scrape off again - it's the upside of using crap adhesive! The downside is that it failed in the first place, but I shouldn't remind you of that.

If not, bash it out, scrape all of the adhesive off the floor (soaking if necessary, but preferably not, as it will affect the neighouring tiles too) and re-lay.

Reply to
Bolted

:) I knew that'd be your follow up - I know for the future.

Thanks for the info - will give it a go tonight.

Reply to
JustMe

=C4=E3=BA=C3=A3=AC=BF=B4=C1=CB

Reply to
IE

Huge charidee concert where Bono finally did manage to make himself popular. You showed up, gave money, then got to throws bricks at U2. Extra donation if you knocked his shades off.

Followed up later by Brick Acid, where you could throw bricks at U2, or also hurl acid at Mick Hucknall out of Simply Red.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Brck Acid. Sorry.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or take acid, and throw up ..

Sounds like a commercial winner.

Have you seen 'Bunny's too tight to mention' on the

site?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher