Reply to
The Other John

Excellent !

Reply to
John

Would you care to explain why?

Reply to
Nick

Denigrating green issues is a uk.d-i-y tradition.

Reply to
Graham.

The only good turbines are one we've built ourselves from the propellers of WWII aeroplanes and the dynamos of 1950s Morris Minors.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

German aeroplanes preferably...

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

How many to go?

Reply to
Roger Mills

one more thieving bastard off the electricity bill thats whay!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

and they weren't much good..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

9,999 ?
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Using an angle grinder...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

3999?
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Wouldn't they rotate the wrong way for a Morris minor Dynamo?

As an aside I scrapped an aircraft dynamo of WW2 vintage when clearing out deceased fathers belongings recently. 28 Volts 100 amps on the ratings plate. He had various unfulfilled plans for it mainly made redundant by the arrival mains electric. I tinkered with it a couple times but generally it stayed in his shed for over sixty years . G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Denigrating green *cobblers* is the tradition.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Positive Earth sounds like a green lobby group.

Reply to
Graham.

Come on destroyed things are always fun as long as nobody got hurt. I wonder if they will say it was the wrong kind of wind? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Denigrating most things in fact. I remember in 1987, a cement lorry got blown over near here and it was a real hoot as all, well some of the cement trickled out onto the road making a kind of artificial rock formation right in the middle of a road. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff