Onduline for shed cladding?

Is there any reason why I shouldn't use Onduliine vertically for cladding my shed? Aesthetically it isn't an issue because I live in a very rural area and lots of barns round here are made from black corrugated materials so mine would blend in.

Thanks as always

Reply to
nicknoxx

Main problem would be it only comes in 6 foot lengths, so ok if you are vertically challenged!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Have just heard back from Onduline and they say there is no problem using it vertically. You just overlap the sheets as with a roof.

Reply to
nicknoxx

I've used Onduline on a shed roof and found it very quick to install and considerably less hassle than felting. I take it that the OP sees these parameters as being a bonus over say weatherboarding plus no maintenance.

My concern would be impact damage - rooves are well out of the way, walls aren't, and wood is considerably more tolerant to the odd bash where Onduline would fracture through. There is also the downside that a ladder couldn't be laid against it to access the roof.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham