Onduline

Will I find a significantly better price than Wickes (£8 for 2000*940) if I shop around? Can anyone suggest a supplier in the Bristol / Gloucester area? I've just Googled without any success.

Reply to
Newshound

Is the Wickes product actually Onduline? The Ariel Plastics (aka Brett Martin) web site shows two identical-looking materials, Onduline and Coroline, so I asked them what the difference is, and I've just had a reply that Coroline is thinner (2.8mm cf 3.00mm, but must also be less dense, as it weighs 2.9kg/m^2 cf 3.3kg/m^2.

Ariel describe Coroline as more of a d-i-y product than Onduline, and recommend Onduline for large roofs, low pitches, and over-sheeting.

I'm considering buying anything up to 80 sheets of the stuff, so I might pursue this one a little further. SLE Cladding sell Onduline, and I'm waiting for their price list.

Reply to
Autolycus

They look very similar, but the Wickes data sheet does give the thickness as 2.8 mm. I will have a look at your other links. Thanks.

Reply to
Newshound

I bought Onduline sheeting from Wickes just over 2 yrs ago so if they don't sell it now then they certainly used to....

Reply to
Andy