ON topic Valentines present

Bought and fitted her a 2 gang socket with USB outlet as a surprise whilst she is at work.

Reply to
ARW

I'm surprised you could fit her with a socket without her noticing. Didn't it hurt?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Awwww .... ;-)

That's the sort of thing my Mrs would appreciate ... like when I would polish her Yamaha 750 Virago.

Flowers would be no good as we don't own a vase and as I cook most nights anyway ...

I've bought a twin USB single gang socket to put up for our daughter (two phones and her laptop) and an MK double for the kitchen ... when I get roundtuit ... ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Ask for one as a birtday present - It wont make any difference - I was given one and it still takes me just as long to do a job. Unfortunately I have lost that excuse

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

En el artículo , ARW escribió:

So she can plug one of these in?

Mike Tomlinson

Damn, we don't 'do' birthdays ... ;-(

I am trying to learn to not take on everyone else's 'problems' nor make any more of my own (when it can be avoided).

Like yesterday we were out shopping and she mentioned she might get some new heels on her boots. After watching the guy fit the new heels I considered £11.50 for the two new heels, glue, staples and use of all the tools, sprays and his time as 'money well spent'. That and she was able to walk home in them straight away, not have them sitting there till I managed to get all the materials and tools in the same place ...

It's just that we both normally assume I'll do everything. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I wonder how long until these are mandatory in new builds?

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Fire risk - unless you can turn the USB bit off, which you usually can't!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Good God no.

I bought her one that uses induction charging.

Reply to
ARW

As it is in a metal back box in a brick wall I am not concerned.

Reply to
ARW

En el artículo , ARW escribió:

Good idea, she can pop it in then sit on the charging plate when it runs out of juice. No need for, um, extraction.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

About a week before USB becomes obsolete.

Reply to
alan_m

Some hotels are fitting them, bedrooms and public foyer areas.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

There is more than one way to kill a monkey.

Reply to
ARW

Is killing a monkey more politically correct than skinning a cat?

Reply to
bert