On pump-over and breather height

When the back pressure in my central heating rises, as the thermostaic valves shut, I get pump-over. The height of the header tank is only a metre or so above the top of the highest radiators. Can I safely increase the effective head by raising the highest point in the breather pipe? Any other ideas welcome. TIA.

Reply to
michaelrmgreen

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 01:09:25 -0700 someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote this:-

Far better to re-arrange the pipework so that the feed pipe and the expansion pipe are connected to the suction side of the pump, which is in the flow. That is how the pipework should have been arranged in the first place. A search engine should pull up the proper hydraulic arrangement of an open vented low temperature heating circuit.

Reply to
David Hansen