Older type MK Gridswitches required

I'm looking for 3 of the old type MK Metalclad "Secret Key" gridswitches, the ones that fit onto a rail using a clip top & bottom of the switch and then are covered by a silver coloured steel front plate with rounded corners . Anyone any ideas?

Apparently the newer type (plastic) wont fit because of the front panel aperture sizes and I need to tamper proof 3 out of 8 switches on a panel.

Reply to
YTC449

If you mean the original gridswitch size, it's long obsolete, probably by some 25 years. The only piece I seem to have left in the junk box is a 6370 -- a 20A two way with centre off toggle switch. I bought it in

1980 to control a projector screen motor, and it was so difficult to get hold of even then, that when I managed to find one, I got two of them just in case. Hence the spare.

You could replace the whole grid and faceplate with the current grid plus range. They aren't very expensive.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

On 14 Oct 2005 21:56:33 GMT, andrew@a17 (Andrew Gabriel) scrawled:

That would be my advice. The only old MK grid bits I happen to have now are a few plates, yokes and 2 way switches. I haven't needed to use any of it for years, in fact, it's going in the bin, I'm fed up of hoarding s**te that I'll never use!

Reply to
Lurch

Stick it on Ebay. Can be posted, so little extra work. Someone will want it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:35:32 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)" scrawled:

Good thinking batman, look out for a shed full of gear on eBay any day now!

Reply to
Lurch

I'd suggest you split the contents into separate lots and sell the shed separately. Probably get more bidders that way.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 15:59:40 +0100, Owain scrawled:

I've tried weighing the shed to calculate postage but I may make that 'buyer to collect' only.

Reply to
Lurch