Old Tiles

Can anyone suggest a method of removing old tiles without destroying th

wall behind? My kitchen has these pretend mosaic tiles that are actuall about 8 inches square and about 8mm thick.

I've made a start but, so far, my efforts have resulted in one rathe large hole in the plaster and one dead tile drill-bit

-- CluelessBOB

Reply to
CluelessBOB

Rake the grout out around them and try steaming them off with a wallpaper steamer?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

tile over them instead ? :-) Ant.

Reply to
Antix

Tempting but a no-go. Would look a little odd in this particula situation.

Cheers for the thoughts though

-- CluelessBOB

Reply to
CluelessBOB