old stopcock

?Any reason I can't put one of those inline valves you turn with a screwdriver on my mains water coming into the house just above the knackered Stopcock? The stopcock is too close to the ground and has old diameter pipes below it, so I'm not going to touch it. or would it be better to put another stopcock tap above the original instead? TIA

Reply to
Vass