Old scaffolding boards

Have been ringing round scaffolding companies for old boards and have just abouts rung out of those in the immediate area. No one has got any at the moment - someone just sold a load to groundwork trust otherwise I would have been sorted.

Prices have been from 15-60p a foot -

There's a place in Liverpool who has some for £5 each but it's £40 delivery so that puts it out of our price range completely I think.

Any ideas where I might find any?

We need about a few hundred meters worth I think for the entire allotment site so I know it's not going to be quick.

I'm in Chadderton in Oldham - there are places listed in Ashton, Bury and Stalybridge but they're all a good few miles away so I can see the cost of delivery being a bit much if I start going further afield.

Is it worth going to the reclaimed timber yard and seeing how much they charge if they have anything suitable?

Reply to
mogga

This might be who you were referring to in Liverpool but have a look at seller "exvoguemodel" on eBay (or via item number 110625117368 for example).

Speak to Alan, very friendly helpful guy. Recently had a large number from him for a local project. So long as you don't mess him about he'll do his best for you.

Regards,

Reply to
Him & Her

Thanks! There's one nearer me with delivery for £24 quid for 50 of the longest ones!

Reply to
mogga

Local independent tool hire shops often have them.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Local building sites often have them :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I had some here when they did my solar panels but was away when they took the scaffolding down else I would have asked the company that did them.

Reply to
mogga

Hadn't thought of that!

Reply to