old mowers

I've been tasked with clearing out some old sheds and one contains half a dozen old mowers, two of them look interesting they are Dennis

30" cylinder mowers with large side valve engines and aluminium grass boxes, like I used to see on cricket pitch maintenance, are they at all sought after, seems a shame to scrap them.

AJH

Reply to
news

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Of course there are buyers for that old stuff. From the description they might date as far back as 1922.

You could Ebay them. You'll get a better price if you arrange a courier before selling. Most couriers won't touch them due to fuel residues. If you can't find anything cheaper there are pallet and half pallet courier services.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Put them in to auction at your nearest Auction House. See:

for the one in Diss, Norfolk, but they are everywhere.

Reply to
Davey

Crappy website with no contact details. At least it looks like they are collectibles, not interested in selling as I would have to account for the sale and I've been told to dispose of them so a charitable donation is more appropriate.

I'll have a bash at starting them and take some photos.

AJH

Reply to
news

You're welcome, don't mention it.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Sorry Syd, didn't mean to be rude.

AJH

Reply to
news

There is a Lawnmower museum in Southport, and I think a few others in other parts of the country. They were happy to accept one of my Dad's old ones a few years ago when I was disposing of his estate.

Jon N

Reply to
jkn

There are charities which will refurbish all sorts of tools and ship them out to places which need them.

Donated an old Atco machine many years back.

I assume that low tech may be suitable for a low tech country - possibly worth asking.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Low tech countries don?t mow lawns like that.

- possibly

Reply to
hgww

"hgww" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

They will be appreciated when they are gone!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

No, but could make good use of most of the machine, if not the cutting section.

Really if you want it to be looked after, refurbed etc, ebay would be the best bet. Give the money to a charity.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr