Old mortar mix

I have half a bag od mortar which has been lying around for a few years. I needed to use some so made it up and got it used quickly, just in time to see it go off! Now I know that old mixes do go off like a shot, but assuming the mix is still soft when used, is the strength compromised?

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

yes, very much so.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" saying something like:

And how. I made the mistake of using some old cement in a non-important wall-chase filling. When it had dried out, it just crumbled away like sand. Utterly useless.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon