Old Heating Controller Replacement

Hi all!

Sorry to be a pain, but I posted on here last week to see if it was possible for me to swap my old Heating controller/timer, which has packed up for a nice new digital one. I have had endless problems trying to Get British gas to do this for me, even though I pay for them to do it in my homecare insurance! It is now freezing cold in my house, and with an 18 month old its not great, it would be good to be able to set the timer to come on in the mornings before we get up!

Anyway basically what I want to know is if I post a photgraph of my existing control unit (showing wiring etc and a description of the wiring, coudl someone talk me through how to wire in a new one, or is it going to be more complicated than that? All I know is that my old timer is made by SMS, its a mechanical clock with a switch to change from hot water to hot wanter and heating. There is no model number, and no description of what each wire does (theres about 11!)

If anyone out there thinks they could help me if they saw the wiring please please let me know

Thanks

A very cold

Tom

Reply to
Thomarse

A few years back I replaced my old motor driven programmer with a digital. The digital came with full instructions for wiring it up in place of a number of different types. Took about 30 mins. I found it by asking in my local heating shop. I think it was made by a company called Leisure (or that was the model name). They obviously supply other companies as well because, apart from the logo, my current British Gas one is identical.

I don't know where you live but the shop was Heatrite in Hanworth Road, Hounslow, Middx

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

You can download the instructions for most of these products nowadays. If your are not comfortable following these, I would suggest trying local central heating installers and electricians.

If you have a room thermostat, I would suggest including a programmable thermostat in the design.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Just had a memory click. The make was an ACL Lifestyle. I think it was their model LP522 which is illustrated on this link (scroll down the page a bit)

Keith Willcocks