Old GPO phone to BT plug?

Hello,

I've got an old rotary BT phone sitting around and I wanted to convert it to use a BT plug. I had one done ages ago and I know there's not much to it.

Anyone got a link or info on how to do this on a 70s/80s typical GPO phone (model 746)?

Thanks!

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Have a look at

or if it's not on that particular page it may be somewhere else on the site.

John.

Reply to
John

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

hit on googling for GPO phone convert ;-)

Reply to
fred

Bob Freshwater's telephone file -

Owain

On 15 Feb 2007 04:13:29 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com mused:

Google is your friend.

Reply to
Lurch

How long is it going to be until someone takes a trip down the register office of Birth, Deaths and Marriages and asks ...

"I'd like to name my son, Google - as he will undoubtedly have many friends!"

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C

There's a bit more to it than just changing the lead - there's a good chance it has a low impedance bell with a REN of several if parallel connected. So you need to either change the bell to a high impedance one or add a series resistor. And make internal alterations to the strapping in the phone.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Cheers all!

I did google first but to no avail. Might have used the wrong keywords.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Adrian C typed

I understand quite a few kids have been named Ikea...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Conceived on an Ikea bed, or in an Ikea store...?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Possibly both :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Gives a new meaning to the phrase "shop soiled"

Owain

Reply to
Owain