Old garage needs a clean

Hi,
I have bought a new car and have the possibility of storing it in a garage which has not been opened in years. I have given it a clean but all the parts of the sliding garage door are rusty. Does anyone have any suggestions for a product which can reduce or stop the rusting. Also does anyone know how much new sliding garage doors cost nowdays.
Thks

Thks.
Do you have any suggestions for a locking device to be attached to the garage door. We don't have the key to the mechanism. I could replace it if I knew who the manufacturer was but i don't. I wonder if the locks for sliding doors are all standard size.
<snip>

The handle mech is probably held on by just a couple of set screws through the door. If you take it off and go a locksmith, they'll almost certainly be able to supply a new locking handle, or possibly even just a new insert for the handle.

Peter
--
Peter Ashby

Davide wrote:

Do you mean all sliding parts, or all the door? If the former, WD40 fine emery and a liberal application of a good grease. If the latter, wire brush, then one of those phosphoric acid things that turn iron oxide into iron phosphate, fllowed by car body filler to make good any surface irregularities, then a spray coat of filler primer, all being rubbed down between, then some car spray paint will produce an immaculate result.