Old fashioned screws

I am looking for some old-fashioned steel screws whose head has a single slit (not pozidrive) - don't know how else to describe them.

Can anyone tell me of a source?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Slotted counter sunk,you'll get them anywhere, DIY shops or sheds.

Reply to
George

If indeed he wants countersunk heads - there are plenty of other head shapes available with straight slots in them - see

Roger Mills

Try these people

robgraham

Screwfix, Toolstation, B&Q, Homebase, Wickes, Focus etc.

Quite why anyone would want to use them is beyond me though.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Anywhere where you can still see the head - like hinges etc. For construction work or other fixings I agree with you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You're site is down,or at least my browser is telling me that?

Reply to
George

I want to copy some fixings on some old doors. Screwfix don't appear to sell them nor do any of my other local suppliers. I think they have quietly disappeared while no one was looking. Scewsline looks like the answer.

Reply to
Jonathan

My local ironmonger still sells them.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

The domain registration has expired:

kestrel:/home/mike% whois medwayhandyman.co.uk

Domain name: medwayhandyman.co.uk

[snip - personal info]

Registrar: NameHog Ltd [Tag = NAMEHOG] URL:

Relevant dates: Registered on: 01-Jan-2006 Renewal date: 01-Jan-2008

Registration status: Renewal required. *** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

Name servers: dns0.namehog.net dns1.namehog.net dns2.namehog.net

WHOIS lookup made at 09:35:11 11-Feb-2008

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Oh, who's going to cyber squat?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It was for a brief period, I forgot to pay my domain name registration.

Many thanks to Sparks who sent me a txt to let me know.

It's back now :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

anyone wanna buy a domain ?