Old electrical fusebox

Could anyone tell me the type or voltage rating for the old type of fuses where you replace the fusewire in a ceramic holder, or what fault current they can withstand? thanks for any help

Reply to
alan

Rewirable fuses have their own tables in the IEE regs. They basically read that you are limited to 50cm of cable for every circuit and you're going to die.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

The mains voltage in a domestic installation is nominal 240 volts Alternating Current. I personally think you need a electrician, but if you mean the Amperage ratings, then you would have to tell us what the load requirement is and what type of cable the fuse is going to be protecting.

Please don't mess around with fuses if you don't know what you're doing. Fuses are safety devices which if wrongly set up can and will cause dangerous situations to occur.

Reply to
BigWallop