Old DIL relay pinout help request

I have a number of old (early 80's ) 14 pin DIL relays which I think are SPCO but don't seem to be responding to the pinout as I remember it.

Can anyone with an old RS or similar catalogue confirm what the specs / ratings / pinouts are please? Markings on the relay are 141A-4 and RS part no. was 349-383

Google and RS couldn't help...

Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Have you actually tried "logging on" to RS? They offer an alternative

291-9710 - your original number being for a SPNO, or for a SPCO 291-9704 (they are all standard pinouts anyway iirc)

Look at

Matt

Hi Matt, Thanks for the reply - I tried searching for the relay with this part no (discontinued) and also the "equivalent" but the pinout given does not correlate with what I have - on three relays in case they were "faulty". Hence the request for specific data on this relay - I will look at the suggested website though, Thanks, Nick

Reply to
Nick

I would have thought it would be quicker to test them with a multimeter and a supply that will run the coil.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

That "website" is just the image data from RS.

Reply to
Matt

Just how long would it take to ring them out with a continuity device? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave Plowman (News) was thinking very hard :

That would find the coil winding 100-150Ohms and the nc contacts, but the coil usually has an internal diode across it to kill the back EMF. How he can work out the polarity of the diode with the coil in parallel and hence the +/- connections?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

remarkably easily. Apply some kind of supply via a current limit R, eg a bulb. Apply both ways round.

OP could do this as quick as typing the original post, and quicker than hunting thru a website.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

With an ohm meter. Diodes are a near short to DC in one direction, open circuit the other.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)