Old Cooker problem

My old cooker needs it's oven door fixing or replacing. What's happened is that the screw has come out and the hole it screws into is too worn so I can't screw it back in. What I need is some sort of heat resistant rawlplug. Anyone know of such a thing?

Thanks

Reply to
John Kelly

If it's a self-tapping screw and there's no easy rear access I'd be inclined to weld over the hole and redrill it to the right size. If there is rear access then use something like this

Rob Morley

If the door is held on by a hinge - drill the hinge oversize and secure with self tapping screw that grips in the hole securely.

Pete

Peter Stockdale

You might be able to re-tap the hole and use a slightly larger screw, use a self-tapping screw, or yes, indeed, there are heat resistant fibre rawlplugs available (they were often used to mount storage rad brackets)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

That is so obvious I can't quite believe I didn't think of it. Thanks

Reply to
John Kelly

Welcome to the Bodgers Club !

Pete