Old bonding coat

Hi,

Got the tiler coming next week (floor tiling and plastering are two jobs I happily sub out unless the areas are small)

Having cleared the hall ready, I notice a large gap of zero plaster in the skirting zone on a wall that had a cupboard in front, so I'd better whack some bonding in - as he is running me a "tiled skirt" at the same time.

I have a year-plus old bag of bonding , opened, tightly reclosed and kept indoors for a year and a bit.

Anything likely to go wrong with using this assuming it hasn't gone lumpy? I don't need it workable for long so fast set is not an issue. Just wondered if it could fail properly to set or be weak afterwards? Needs to go on about an inch thick over a metre strip about 3" wide.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

Phil L ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) wibbled on Sunday 13 March 2011 20:20:

Hi Phil,

OK - ta for that. I just mixed up an eggcup's worth and it was workable for

30 mins and after an hour it is starting to show signs of going off.

Oh - good point. Yes I have concrete. It will be difficult not to hit the floor at the same time, so I will slip in a bit of DPM and trim that off after (I have loads of offcuts).

Cheers!

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

Nope, sounds ideal. Worst that will happen is it sets faster, but I doubt you care in this case. Does not need to be particularly smooth either - just level with what surrounds it.

Reply to
John Rumm