Oil Tank location

A lazy question, just to save me pulling my OFTEC books out and leafing through...

What is the minimum distance between an oil tank and a wooden fence?

Angus

Reply to
Fentoozler

After Hemel Hempstead, a few miles I should think...

Reply to
Adrian C

Don't know, but half the houses in my village, including break mine, break the rule. So its more than a foot :)

Reply to
emma

Don't remember anything about such a rule when I looked into this stuff. When out oil supplier offered a free come and check your tank check, they didn't make any comment either (and "passed" the tank installation).

Reply to
zikkimalambo

The books came out...

Tanks must be:

760mm from a combustable boundary. 1.8m from a combustable wall of a building.

Angus

Reply to
Fentoozler

It can be closer IF there is a fireproof barrier between the tank and the fence or building

Reply to
John

Yes.

Reply to