oil supply line to boiler.

Is it Ok to use brass compression fittings in an oil supply line.
Looking at the BES website ther are flared fittings (a la car brakes available as well).
I have to run a feed to oil fired boiler. I intend to do 10mm copper from tank to fire valve (1st+2nd 10mm to 1/4" BSP convertion) then 10mm to isolation valve (3rd & 4th 10mm to 1/4bsp conversion) then 10mm into boiler (external grant) where it gets converted to 2/8" BSP to connect to supplied flexible line. The later seems rather long at 900mm given the manufacturers statement that it should not go outside the boiler case.
Overall supply line is about 5 meters. Lawrence
usenet at lklyne dt co dt uk
Lawrence wrote:

Yes, it is AFAIK. I have.
--
Grunff

Grunff wrote:

Me too! Can't find anyone to commission the thing, but it all seems to work and no leaks.
Rob wrote:

When I installed ours (a Grant), Grant sent out an engineer to commission it as part of the deal.
--
Grunff

Grunff wrote:

I think in theory Worcester will do the same thing, but not as part of the deal. That's my next option I think. Or buy a flue gas analyser :-)

I don't know specifically. However, a lever ball isolation valve I bought once had tick marks against Water, Gas, Oil and Steam. It had compression joints.
Christian.

AIUI they're OK for gravity systems, but if the boiler (or an oil lifter) is sucking the oil along then you should use manipulative (flared, bundy-type) fittings as these are less likely to let in air. The OFTEC web site has some useful technical docs. http://www.oftec.org.uk/publications/publications.htm

And what do these meters measure? ;-)
-- John Stumbles -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+ Experiments to demonstrate the existence of Sod's Law by dropping slices of buttered toast all failed. That's Sod's Law.

Sorry 5 metres in length from oil tank to boiler.
Thanks for responses. I also tried to get soft copper olives as that is what they use in diesel lines on narrow boats, where leaks end up in bilges. Nice and squishy to fill the compression joints. As most narrow boats use imperial sizes, which I suspect is gas stuff.
Lawrence
usenet at lklyne dt co dt uk