Oil prices

I used to know at least one company who posted current heating oil prices on their website, I can no no longer find it. Anyone got any URLs or know recent oil price.

Lawrence

usenet at lklyne dt co dt uk

Reply to
Lawrence

The only way to get oil at a low price is to shop around at the time you want to place an order. (If that is your objective.) - and to buy in the summer.

This year I have had two deliveries from Shell. I never used them before.

Tthe last delivery was at 16.5p/L (before Xmas, +VAT). One other supplier said that they could not buy at that price.

I am lucky enough to have a neigbour who arranges a delivery for a group of us.

Michael Chare

Reply to
Michael Chare

I paid Shell (from Dalston Depot) 18.5 on the 12th Nov and I had to beat them down to that after ringing round 3 or 4 other companies. That was for 2000l which we buy twice a year and we have an account with them. About half of that 2000l is left or about 6 weeks assuming we don't get a prolonged cold period.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I paid the same to the local (Thornhill) supplier just before Xmas for

1100 litres.
Reply to
Steve Loft

have a site with a postcode box to get heating oil prices,

Reply to
Ed Parsons

England and Wales only, though. No deliveries in Scotland.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Make that S.Wales and SW England. There is a list of a dozen or so postcode sectors (the first two letters) for the area they cover.

The graph of Rotterdam prices is interesting, I'm off to see if I can find that data. As they say following the price fluctuations is far more likely to save you money than phoning round.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

They seem a bit on the pricey side! They quoted £217 for 900 litres I paid £179 back in November from JET

Kerry

Reply to
Kerry Hoskin