Oil Lifter BM Controls Type 346

Hi there,

Does anyone have a service manual or spares for the now long obsolete BM Controls Type 346 oil lifter? In particular details for the disassembly and servicing of the oil pump impeller?

It has been unfortunately gummed up by bat dung over the summer and routine servicing of the filter and cleaning out was not enough :(

Thanks for any pointers to info - or to a BTEC registered oil line technician in the north east who could repair the oil line system.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Martin

Did you get any joy with this?

MSB

Reply to
mrseabreeze

A starting point for you perhaps?

david.harari

It was actually solved. The small horizontal pipe at the bottom of the tank had a tiny crack in it and cleaning out the bat dung which was the consistency of putty had allowed it to weep - defeating the pump.

Once the pipe was properly sealed again the pump could lift fuel from the main storage vessel instead of merely moving the priming fuel around uselessly from one side of the pump to the other.

They are insanely expensive. Much more common in Belgium and Denmark where fuel oil tanks are often in cellars.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Hi there are you still after BM 346 pump, I have complete pump for sale

Reply to
Bill

hi just seen this mine has just broken (pump drive bar no 4) did you find any one or any where for spares

Reply to
ianf31

Sadly no. And by the time I actually encountered someone (now retired) who knew how to repair it I had already solved the problem myself.

It really is a Heath Robinson contraption!

If memory serves the pump drive bar is a fairly simple but annoying to fit thing that has a slot or is it a knife edge at each end.

I suspect you could make one out of a combination of brass shim, thin copper pipe and a bit of soft solder in true DIY fashion. The manual link in the original thread might still be live if you are in luck.

FWIW My boilerman says next time it fails it is going to be turned into a tiger loop which is the modern alternative for pumping fuel uphill.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Ref BMW 346 Did you have a new complete pump for sale? If so can you contact me on snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk Thanks

Reply to
Roy

replying to Bill, Martin wrote: Hi bill do you still have complete pump please

Reply to
Martin

I doubt it - it was over three years ago.

Reply to
Bob

posted on October 29, 2011, 10:25 am

Blimey, its probably rotted away by now. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff
**I am selling a BM 346 Oi Lifter on Ebay - auction closes Wednesday 3pm. email me snipped-for-privacy@sky.com I will send you link .linklinkthe link n
Reply to
Ian Woolley

That bloomin daft web site again... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Brian, can you set a blocking filter in Microsoft Outlook Express based on the distinctive "caedfaa9ed12" part of every single HOH posting that arrives on this news group's doorstep?

AFAICR, that snippet of their email addresses as shown below has been more than sufficient to killfile every last one of these HOH posts.

"Ian Woolley"

HTH & HAND!

Reply to
Johnny B Good

replying to Ian Woolley, Garry wrote: Ian Wooley did you manage to sell your bn346 lift pump

Reply to
Garry

Hi, If anyone is interested we still have some spares to BM 346 and 347 on stock.

Jonas Carlson