Oil filled heater painting

Have a working one of these but its going bald. Underneath the metal looks pretty rough. what is the rt of paint used on these that will stay on, just like the old stuff does not!

can one paint them with black hammerite or would that blister and pong a lot.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Have it sandblasted and then use the proper radiator paint or have it powder coated. Mind you after that you'll probably find it cheaper to buy a new one.

Reply to
Nthkentman

I used Dulux gloss.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I'm surprised it did not smell a lot. I found that normal paint smells terribly anywhere near heaters in the past. as for sandblasting, whell, I'd also imagine it might nt survive that. maybe I will just get some textured paint and have a go, after all if it does not work then I'll just buy a new one. I just hate throwing away otherwise servicable kit.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I painted it when taking it out of service after the winter, so the paint had several months to dry naturally before being heated. It did smell a bit for a couple of days when it was first used again, but not significantly and it soon went.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar