Oh dear How many people measure their bath temperature this accurately?

How many people measure their bath temperature this accurately? Apparently it must be between 100.6F and 102F!

James Wilkinson Sword

Good grief, and of course the temp will vary throughout the bath both depth and length wise I'd imagine. A load of tosh. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I've even heard a warning that if you stay in your bath too long (indoors at room temperature!) that you can die!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Did you also know that everyone that eats tomatoes dies too.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I'd never heard that, although almost everything else seems to be classed as bad for you.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics." - Fletcher Knebel

Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. (Rev. Larry Lorenzoni)

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Bollocks - my sauna bath runs at 110C.

Simon Mason

I know of only one person who does not have a bath or hot running water in their house. That is You Mr Hucker. YOU are off your rocker. I bet that you smell bad.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

My shower heats it's own water, as does the washing machine and dishwasher.

No.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Then you must be dead. That's highly dangerous and totally illegal.

Does yours sound like a diesel engine like my neighbours? It was so loud I could hear it through my closed double glazing and had to ask them to switch it off at night.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Hot RUNNING water. Even council estate scum have hot running water. How does it feel to be below council estate scum?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I repeat, my shower heats it's own water, as does the washing machine and dishwasher. I have no need for the boiler to heat water.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

It is not possible to heat water above 100C at normal atmospheric pressure on this planet.

Reply to
Zephirum

It is the AIR that is at 110C - chucking water on the stones actually cools the room for a while, but it feels hotter due to increased humidity as in Turkish baths.

Reply to
Simon Mason

They are full of MSG.

Reply to
F Murtz

I have a bath but it is too short to use.

Reply to
F Murtz

Ah right, I misread the earlier post and assumes bath to refer to a tub of water. Surely most people refer to it just as "a sauna" or maybe sauna room?

Reply to
Zephirum

Well, a Turkish bath is the same as a sauna, but with 30% humidity instead of 0%.

Reply to
Simon Mason

I would assume a Turkish bath/steam room to have a humidity approaching

100%, in fact it's more than an assumption, a quick google search verifies that.
Reply to
Zephirum

Sauna is 100% humidity

Reply to