Oh dear How many people measure their bath temperature this accurately?

Same as eating a Phal - it makes you feel alive.

Reply to
Simon Mason

No, those are just foul.

And being hot just makes me sleepy, being cold makes me feel alive.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

+1
Reply to
Bod

I fail to see the point in eating food that's spicy. I prefer flavour.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You could turn it on it's back, fill it with oil, then sit in it. Let us know the results.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You can on any planet that has a higher atmospheric pressure than earth. Think pressure cooker.

Reply to
Zephirum

I don't actually believe you wrote that.

What about "at normal atmospheric pressure" did you not understand?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or indeed, camping out next to the Dead Sea.

Reply to
Huge

Yes indeed but last time I looked the Dead Sea was on this planet, but good point. I was thinking more of Venus where the pressure at the surface is 92 times that of Earth but given that the temp at surface is

470 C getting the kettle there unmelted might be an issue.
Reply to
Zephirum

The implication is that it's 'normal atmospheric pressure' *for that planet*?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Salt is certainly an obvious way to boil water at over 100C. Superheating is another.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Nice wriggle.

Reply to
Bod

It's the way I read the sentence, I was applying OUR atmosphere to another planet. Illogical really.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The coffee would be revolting.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

A sauna may be a place to get clean, but it isn't a bath.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Phileus Fogg. Don't you know anything?