Oh dear How many people measure their bath temperature this accurately?

Wrong - if it was, you would be literally boiled alive.

"A sauna is a room made from softwood and incorporates a heater ? e ither electric or wood-burning ? that is capable of reaching 190? ? Fahrenheit and up. An average healthy individual can tolerate that kind of heat because it is a dry environment with extremely low humidity."

Reply to
Simon Mason

From a manufacturers web site, one of many Water equals health, including when it is in the form of a cloud of steam enveloping the body. In far off days this secret was discovered by the Ancient Greeks, Romans and all those Middle Eastern peoples who made the Turkish bath a philosophy of life. In contrast to the sauna, the humidity reaches 100% and the temperature never exceeds 48°C

Reply to
Zephirum

wrong. Have you actually HAD a sauna?

The Natural Philosopher

Children, children! Notice the F's and C's! There is more than one way of defining temperature!

Reply to
Dave W

Yes and I was talking about a steam bath/Turkish bath, please do read before responding.

Reply to
Zephirum

As I was saying that a sauna is also a steam bath when you put the water in.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But not as humid as a steam bath, I was directing my reply to the guy that said 100% was not what a Turkish bath was as it would "boil you alive" I frequently use both.

Reply to
Zephirum

presence of steam - visible steam - i.e. water vapour tells me that the sauna is 100% humidity.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A hygrometer would tell you different

Reply to
Zephirum

I forgot to add this from another manufacturors web site, Sauna = Dry and Wet Heat

Saunas provide dry and wet heat. They are built entirely of wood and are heated by a wood or electric stove. Generally the sauna stove heats rocks, which help to radiate a dry heat throughout the room. When water is sprinkled over the rocks, a small amount of steam is generated and released into the room creating a wet heat. The optimal sauna temperature varies by individual and is considerably hotter than a steam room. A sauna temperature ranges from 160-200 degrees Fahrenheit. Although some steam is generated in a sauna, over all the humidity level in a sauna is considered low (ranging from 5-30 percent).

Reply to
Zephirum

Well 100% humidity and anything over about 50C is lethal fairly quickly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Which is why steam rooms are limited to 48C as described in my original manufacturers definition presumably.

Reply to
Zephirum

your sauna bath isnlt a bath anymore than my cooker is which runs at 200C or more.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yeah I noticed the f*ckers and c*nts discussing this. :)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Odd.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

So?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

So?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread as it inspired me to have my first sauna since Sep 2013. It was fantastic and I will be having many more, especially when we get free Sat 0900-1700 electricity.

Reply to
Simon Mason

Or any planet.

Reply to