Offered free to collector

I hope this is not infringing any rules of this NG

Offered free to collector.

6 x 3m lengths of new black plastic ogee guttering virtually 18m in total length. Like this
have two end fittings and some couplers. Extra fittings can be bought mail order from
including joiners to half round guttering. First email to bobdotminchinatrokedotcodotuk secures. Available now to be collected from Romsey Hampshire SO51

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

If it doesn't go on here, you might be interested in

on a more or less county by county basis - there's likely to be a group near you.

I've freecycled loads of surplus/unwanted building materials - and equally had one or two tiptop items myself.

Reply to
dom

Yup it is on two local freecycle groups as well. Despite being a member for nearly a year, my posts are subject to moderation and so can take a day or so to appear especially weekends/bank holidays when moderators are having a life elsewhere.

thanks

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

The message from "Bob Minchin" contains these words:

I've a feeling everyone is moderated all the time regardless.

Reply to
Guy King

I moderate the West Norfolk group - and because of the way yahoo groups work, it's very hard to spot the members that should be taken off moderation. Give them a nudge.

Reply to
dom

Definitely not on my group, or as far as I know on any of my neighbouring groups.

As soon as I can see someone can format their subject line correctly and doesn't post "inappropriate content", they're off moderation. I really don't want any more work involved than there has to be.

And you can always email the mods and ask if they would like any extra help - especially if there are long delays because of moderation.

Reply to
dom

Gone to a good home now.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Hi,

I'm planning on installing a bathroom extractor fan in the ceiling. Probably the the B&Q Marley/Greenwood (240 VAC) type at about £25. (Any bad reports on it ?)

I don't think I'll bother with a run-on type (price doubles for run on) - just wiring it to the bathroom light.

I understand for optimum performance it should be well away from the main air source (the door presumably); and that the flexible pipe should be as short as possible. I intend to vent it through the soffit under the roof overhang.

I've googled a bit for this, but haven't really found anything clearcut / easy to find.

Legally (electrical code wise) how close can I take it to the bath ? The end of the bath has the usual 2 taps with mixer unit for a shower attached to the wall. I'd like to put it in the ceiling above the bath, but my gut feel is that is not allowed. How far away must it be from the bath ? (Just enough to be absolutely not touchable by someone standing/showering in the bath ???)

Thanks for any advice.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:15:05 GMT someone who may be Jim wrote this:-

You need to tell us whether it is to extract smells and/or steam and how light it is in the bathroom.

If it is to extract smells you may want one that can be operated by humans as necessary, perhaps cord start and then timer.

If it is to extract steam then a humidistat is ideal, though expensive. An alternative is to connect it to a light over the bath/shower and a timer. Alternatively put it on a separate switch.

If it is light in the bathroom then why turn a light on during the day just to turn the fan on?

The answer is, it depends.

First result when I ran this query probably has the info requested

I'd like to put it in the ceiling above the bath, but my gut feel is

The answer is, it depends. Partly it depends on whether it is a mains one, or a 12V one. Partly it depends on how high the ceiling is. Partly it depends on how a mains one is protected.

Note also that instead of a fan mounted on the ceiling you could use an in-line fan.

Reply to
David Hansen

Thanks David the links pretty well answered my concerns. Just responding to your points: It's to extract steam (from bath use or showering stood in the bath). Humidistat would be ideal, but worth it ???? So I think connected directly to the light is OK, but less than ideal. It's a 240V fan. Locating it in the ceiling, with flexible pipe, exiting through soffit on the roof overhang is the most practical for me - though no doubt not as efficient as through the wall or widow. Your links show that if I install it in the ceiling just away from the footprint of the bath, I'm in Zone 2 (the ceiling is exactly 2.25m above the base of the bath). And that in Zone 2, I can use a 240V unit (IPX4 or better) without an RCD.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jim