[off topic] Stats showing letter delivery times?

This is a CAR newsgroup, I think you should have posted this over at

rec.anorak.postal.delivery

Reply to
unit244

How do you know?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Mary Fisher writes

Unless under a false name. I don't know any Marys.

Mike

Reply to
M. J. Powell

Automatic £500 insurance if it goes missing and compensation if they dont deliver it before 1pm the next day

Reply to
Bluesky

Yeah .RM repay the SD fee .....well to the sender obviously.

Reply to
Stuart

Tells you its been picked up and in their sytem after its first scan normally after 8pm , and tells you if theres any problem online and when its been delivered ....if you call in though fight your way thru the bots and get to a human with your tracking number they can tell you exactly where the parcel is as it gets scanned w#every time the cage moves premises

UPS and TNT are brilliant with their tracking ,tells you online EXACTLY where the parcel is including when it #s on the van out for delivery a phone call normally gets you a 30 min window when the driver will be s#at your premises .... if carlsberg made delivery services !

Reply to
Bluesky

If they don't deliver in time, you just get the postage back, though. As you say, insurance (they call it 'compensation') of £500, upgradeable to £2500.

I find it a pretty good service.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Hit and miss this time of year with royal mail , so mnay variables especially with heavy weather in different parts of country that can impact on movement of mail. Overall though in my experience they do a fantastic job , and deliver within 2 days in most cases ... most of the problems when they do happen come down to lacklustre local sorting depot or postman/woman ....

Cant rememebr last time i had a special delivery fail , outstanding service and value for money.

> some more info about the mail process

Reply to
Bluesky

Thats pretty much my experience as well...I'm in Glasgow...My main gripe is when you get a card saying someone tried to deliver a parcel ( Standard Parcels usually) the previous day and you know damn fine you were in ....

Reply to
Stuart

I never use a false anything, I'm boringly transparent :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher