OFF TOPIC: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD

If you think there may be a body their the police would dig it for you.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Oh, the shame!

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That's the second this week.

I put it down to living in Scotland....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Exactly. And this is what prompted me to "sound off" here.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

I believe that it would have been very different (I'm 71). The police and fire brigade were more amenable, as far as I can remember.

I don't think that you've read my messages with sufficient care/attention. I've made it quite clear that I asked the fire brigade to get the occupiers to remove their bags of rubbish, as I believed that they presented a fire hazard. Something that they stated they couldn't do. They didn't say that it wasn't their problem; just that they weren't able to help me. It seems that you can do what you like on your own property, _regardless_ of possible fire risk and/or health hazard.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

The second what - body or typo?

I'm not in Glasgow!

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Amenable to you sticking your nose in your neighbour's business?

If it was a genuine fire risk, they'd have done something - eg containers of petrol sloshing around. Bags of rubbish left outside aren't anything like the sort of risk they want to worry about. I can think of rather higher risks which occur entirely normally, and nobody tries to prevent them.

Who would I trust to make a decision regarding such a risk : the fire brigade, or a nosey neighbour who's actually just using it as an excuse to try and get rid of an eyesore?

I actually have some sympathy for your plight - it doesn't sound pleasant. However at least some of your attempts to take action have been in the wrong place, and the fact you're still complaining that they wouldn't listen to you indicates you still don't understand why you're wrong. Your attempts to blame this on 'political correctness' and 'human rights' are also wildly misplaced. It's nothing to do with your Daily Mail-type worries - it's far simpler: there is not the justification for them to take the action you desire.

clive

Reply to
Clive George

Well there was the association between Micro$oft and operating systems.

I quite understand,

I was talking to some Italians this week and they wanted to know how far north the Romans had gone in Britain. I explained that they had never made a serious success in Scotland and that possibly this was due to the Glaswegian habit of deep frying pizza.

They took a lot of convincing that anyone could possibly do this.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Maybe try another approach, a BIG sign on their wall saying 'I revel in my crap.'

Then if youre more daring, tip off the papers.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

They might have taken even more convincing if you told them that most Scottish chippies deep-frying aforementioned pizze are actually owned and run by their fellow countrymen.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Maybe try another approach, a BIG sign on their wall saying 'I revel in my own crap.'

Then if youre more daring, tip off the papers.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Yes but they were probably excommunicated a long time ago for making and drinking cappucino after 10am, another heathen habit.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Find out who the owners are of the house/ investment group. Politely point out to them that if a house was bought next to them, how would they feel. If they do nought buy7 said house and fill it wilth as many refugees as poss. Make sure that they understand that all rubish is to be placed on the front garden next to the neighbours fence.

legin

Reply to
legin

We live in a very lax and uncaring society. "Law and order" is a meaningless phrase; and where else do you get hospitals which kill their patients through lack of proper _basic_hygiene (I find it easier to accept paying nearly £90.00 a month for budget medical insurance, as it means that I won't have to go to an NHS hospital).

You are trying _too hard_ to disagree with everything that I say. _I am not a nosey neighbour_. I see that rubbish when I go through the front gate, and when I look out of my front room window. I can't avoid seeing it.

Are you being ironical? It certainly isn't a plight, by any stretch of one's imagination. I haven't mentioned this before, but it's the gross lack of consideration for one's neighbours that really gets to me.

You're at it again! The people concerned _did_ listen to me, but told me that they were unable to help me, as they didn't have the mandate/authority to do so.

Sylvain.

Your attempts to

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Contacting the owners of the house was something that I considered; but although I have their name, I don't have their address. I haven't really tried to get it, as the matter is not of sufficient importance _as yet_. I have to bear in mind that I will have to deal with these people when they eventually start refurbishing that house.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

---8

Reply to
John Stumbles

In which case why did you contact the fire brigade? What do you think their job is : mediating disputes between neighbours, or fire and rescue related activities? Your actions so far indicate that you believed the former is part of their job - do you still believe that?

They're telling you precisely what I've said - that your attempts to take action are in the wrong place. Just because they listened to you doesn't make them the right people to complain to. Kudos to them for listening, but having done so doesn't actually make them responsible.

clive

Reply to
Clive George

Dear! Oh dear! How many times do I have to repeat myself. I contacted the fire brigade in the hope that they could apply some pressure on my neighbours to get them to remove their bags of rubbish. That's all. UPDATE: My neighbours appear to have gone, leaving behind even more rubbish. I think that this could be due to the new requirement for landlords to register for fire risk assessment. It seems that I was wasting my time in approaching these people in the first place. If I'd known that they were leaving soon, I wouldn't have bothered.

You want the last word? You've got it. :)

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Well! How did you guess! Aren't you clever! As a matter of fact, I've suffered from a _severe_ social anxiety disorder for more than 50 years. This has prevented me from having any worthwhile social life, friends, holidays, etc... It's made my life at work much more difficult. I eventually had a nervous breakdown. In spite of that; I'm _probably_ a saner, more decent, more sensible, more reasonable person than you are (or ever will be).

MORON!!!

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE