[off topic] Glow in the dark alarm clock

How long do you have to 'pound' them?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In one high street I've seen a Poundland, a 99, a 98 and a 97p shop. There are at least three other chains that follow similar themes.

Reply to
Bernard Peek

Charity shops might not have enough stock but they have plenty of volunteers, the Govs "New Deal" for the unemployed forces them to volunteer for charity shops or lose their job seekers benefits.

Steve Terry

-- Get a free Three 3pay Sim with £2 bonus after £10 top up

Steve Terry

Terry

-- Get a free Three 3pay Sim with £2 bonus after £10 top up

Steve Terry

and getting it back on topic, 99p stores have a calling card which seems reasonable value, seems to have been provided by TalkTalk?

Steve Terry

-- Get a free Three 3pay Sim with £2 bonus after £10 top up

Steve Terry

I don't think there is much low cost manufacturing in Hong Kong any more. Twenty years ago maybe but now most of that has been moved to the mainland and Hong Kong seems to be mainly financial services and the like.

India is another matter. Over here I seldom see anything marked as manufactured in India except perhaps clothes. But I can't for sure say why. My perception is that the Indian growth is based more on things like call centres, software services outsourcing and heavy engineering like steel making and cars. None of which are sold in Pound Shops.

Certainly in my professional capacity I get much spam offering manufactured goods from China and software subcontracting from India but not vice-versa.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

I bought a pack of 3, not one of them worked well enough to be any use. All kept losing big chunks of time - and yes, the batteries were good.

NT

Reply to
NT

I often see tools manufactured in India and Pakistan at the Harbor Freight store. It reminds me of what I used to see many years ago coming from Japan then years later from Hong Kong. Inexpensive and roughly finished products seem to come from countries as they first hit the global market then later, as the manufacturers gain experience, the products improve in quality and value.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas