OFF TOPIC Ear candles

I was fitted with hearing aids last year. I can't bear to wear them - the noise! Just the sound of people breathing is agony and yes, I've had them adjusted. I've gone back to asking people to speak clearly, not cover their mouths when they speak and not turning away their heads. They don't need to shout!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Too much information, Tim (and I quote!).

How do you folk know what a granny's boudoir or a cheap knocking shop smell like?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

What - getting an infection?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

That's what I use! I tried it on my car too, but it didn't work 'cos it's a Volvo!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Because I used to visit my Granny in her boudoir when she wasn't well

Reply to
T i m

LOL.

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Mary Fisher writes

Well, lavender and Yardley cosmetics. That's certainly what my Grandma's room smelled of.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

They are complete rubbish, and dangerous to boot. There is no way that the action of burning a candle in the ear can "draw" any residue. Air is not sucked in at the bottom of the candle and expended from the top like a wood-burning stove.

Demonstrations show "wax" that has been extracted when the candle had finished burning. This is merely the result of combustion, and the results are identical when no ear is involved.

Just say no.

Reply to
seani