Off topic, best tv help

I wonder if someone can point me to the best newsgroup for tv help. The problem is getting the interconnections right with TV, Sky, video recorder. I've tried Google and searching newsgroup, but am obviously putting in the wrong parameters TIA

Reply to
Broadback

What are you trying to do - RF or Scart?

For RF its simply SkyBox RF1 out to VCR Rf in, VCR RF out to TV.

For scart its SkyBox VCR Scart out to VCR Scart In, VCR Scart out to TV.

Reply to
Paul King

Try uk.tech.digital-tv, they're quite helpful there.

Reply to
usenet

John

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:29:04 +0000, Broadback strung together this:

Try having a read of this

Reply to
Lurch

Thank you all for your help, I'll try those places. Paul, I have done that, and still have problems. In fact I have tried all combinations with no correct result. If I use the recommended connections I can only record from the sky box if my TV is on.

Reply to
Broadback

There's no reason why you need the TV on to record.

There's two scart sockets on the SkyBox. One's marked TV and the other's marked VCR. The TV one is "out only" whilst the VCR one is "in/out".

Assuming you are using a full-wired Scart cable where all 21 pins are wired (not all are - even though they have 21 pins!), then you just need to connect the Skybox VCR Scart to the VCR In or VCR In/Out scart. If your TV is Scart too, then connect the Skybox VCR Scart to the VCR In Scart, and connect the TV (with another full-wired 21pin cable) to the VCR Out Scart.

To record, you'll need to select AV (or AV1) as the input for the VCR.

The only other possible cause of your problem could be that the SkyBox is not controlling its VCR Scart. That's set up in the System Settings menu on the Skybox (I think).

Reply to
Paul King

Thanks for your help Paul, I do not understand it, I have tried different scart leads, there is no set up option on my sky box. I have tried swapping the sky box plugs over, that gives me an output to the video recorder with the tv off, but I lose control of the recorder.

Reply to
Broadback

E-mail me and I'll scan the relevant pages from the Sky Installation Book for you :)

Reply to
Paul King