off topic

Know this is not the correct ng but unable to find the correct one. Question is what opinion do members have regarding ACER digital cameras? Someone gave me a digital site address but was unable to access it.

Reply to
Maurice Hood

fj.comp.dev.digital-camera

HTH

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Unable to open. do I type it exactly as above? with www? or what

Reply to
Maurice Hood

It's probably a news:fj.comp.dev.digital-camera so do whatever you do to access news:uk.d-i-y

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Its a news group ya numpty,if it was a URL i'd of put *www*

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

so put in nntp:

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The OP said ..

"Know this is not the correct ng but unable to find the correct one. Question is what opinion do members have regarding ACER digital cameras? Someone gave me a digital site address but was unable to access it"

Strange innit,

The guy asks the question on a newsgroup so we come to the logical conclusion that he knows how to access newsgroups?

An alternative ng is offered but doesn't work for him but we don't know if he's trying to access it via a WEB browser or it simply isn't available on his news server (as it isn't mine).

However *we* spot that it doesn't look like a URL as it has too many bits and doesn't end in .com .co.uk and if we copy and paste it into the 'Find' function of our news reader and it come up blank *we* probably know why?

Possibly a good clue to the OP's 'newness' to the sport was the subject of "off topic" (but at least he tried, AND he didn't top post on his reply .. ) ;-)

.... Just thinking out loud .. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. Maurice .. try the rec.photo.digital newsgroup if you haven't found better already?

Reply to
T i m