Off to Wales

See you all (well, some of you) when I get back in about two weeks.

You can talk about me while I'm gone, if you can be bothered. I wouldn't be so trivial ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Interesting. Why do you feel the need to tell us?

Reply to
Hywel

Have a nice time :-)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Have a good holiday.

You will see what the welsh are calling "bad driver indicators" stuck on certain cars. Its a white sign, with a red cross, stuck on a post attached to the rear window .............

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Colin Wilson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net:

in Wales?

mike

Reply to
mike ring

There's no *need* but some might think that I'd left for good and be cheering. It's nice to disappoint them!

We SHALL have a good time in Wales whether we like it or not - but we do.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

If you live in England, it's not difficult to have a better time in Wales, though, is it?

Reply to
Hywel

God's own country, mate. Wales is so good he had to put England next door so that the rest of the world's countries didn't feel under-done.

Reply to
Hywel

Of course. Wonderful place.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Soon to be smashed rear windows I would have thought if they're driving around in Wales like that.

Reply to
Chris Hodges

I've noticed them too - thought it meant 'everybody in this car has a tattoo and a bad temper'.

Hope Mary doesn't miss Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

Actually Wales is one of my favourite places - every time we go we like it more than the last time.

iechyd da

Jacob

Reply to
jacob

It's also bigger than some people think.

Well, it's not really all that large, but the hills and the roads make it seem so, especially compared with the Midlands - going east-west along the top (A55) or the bottom (M4) isn't too hard, but although it is an excricuatingly pretty drive (Merthyr excluded), taking the A470 top to bottom isn't exactly quick.

It's a different route, but it used to take us 3 hours to drive from Caerphilly to Aberystwyth where my sister was in university, a distance of something like 95 miles. More recently it takes us just over 3 hours to drive 195 miles from Caerphilly to Sheffield :-/

But then possibly, as with our Celtic cousins in Cornwall, there's an argument for keeping the roads like this. After all, we don't want too many day-trippers, do we?

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove

Especially not saesneg..... :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Useless tittle-tattle - self-aggrandism - trolling - the need to belong without making any useful contribution at all?

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built

I'm just back from a week off - well not at work but plumbing, wiring, floorboarding, drains, doorbell, frontdoor and a spot of gardening and thought you'd like to know this too :-)

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks