Off-Thread replies...

Page 6 of 6

Decidedly fishy and way off scale. ("scale" get it, as in fish scale) (I'll get me' coat) :-)
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

I'd consider that one landed, I'll get the scales! ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}
On 24 Jul 2003 12:19:52 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Abdullah Eyles) wrote:

So, next week, "how to nail blancmange to the ceiling", but back to tonight, and after the break it's "creative soot juggling".
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}
Gnube wrote:

Reminds me of one of my favourite sayings, "Bringing up teenagers is like trying to nail jelly to a tree".

That's a Black Art.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Abdullah Eyles) wrote in

Now that's what *I* call a result
Mike R
Abdullah Eyles wrote:

Well how flaming sad I feel for you.
Internet has not yet become subject to political correctness and social responsibility, so I feel totally able to say that if you don't like the style, you can piss off out of it.
Who gave YOU the right to dictate what should and what should not constitute a valid Usenet posting.
IF I want to relate my experiences of stuffing gerbils up the back passage of a Rumanian yak on UK.D-i-Y, and someone else wants to express and opinon on it here, then so we jolly well shall. So there!
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Well, if you do/did it all on your own, without any assistance from a professional yak-stuffer, then I would say that it constituted D-I-Y ;-)

"parish" <parish_AT_ntlworld.com> wrote in message

But does it meet BS, or should that be YS. I suppose it really depends on what type of S a yak has, and the fact that does the gerbil meet it on the way in.
writes

How many on-topic? None
I like it
--
geoff

Abdullah,
If you are reading this thread see what you have started - a BRAND new OFF-TOPIC group and without going through all the formalities.
This is this the first time for a little while that I have had the chance to look at this group and oh what a surprise.
It would be nice if YOU could have some further small input into the thread that you started and let us all know if you have a) found the answer to the question that you posed b) have you learned anything from the response to your original posting other than the fact that this group has a very healthy sense of humour outside the serious questions?
Anyway, another question to the group - how to you go about starting an official OFF-TOPIC topical newsgroup - that is if this is not off topic for this group. Or, could it be on topic because it is part of the on/off-topic question?
A confused Brian :-))))
PS. I think I will study the Theory of Relativity - it should be easier to understand LOL

uk.misc - everything and nothing is off topic there. A group for the discussion of things there isn't a group for. Or not.
--
*If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Oh my God! did *I* start this??? :-S

It wasn't a question, was it?

OK so I am English too (just living in Turkey!!), I have the same sense of humour (sometimes it comes into gear, if you look at my replies to some other threads)... Maybe that day I was a bit off-colour and was getting angry about some things... The safety valve blew onto uk.d-i-y...
Lets see if we can break the World Long Thread Record...
Abdullah Eyles wrote:

Abdullah,
No please no, I thought the last one was never going to end - although I did have a good chuckle at some of the replies.
Oops! this reply may well be off-topic to the off-topic question ROTFLMAO
Best of luck
Brian