Off road motorbike regulator

On an off roader the regulator has two terminals that connect directly to the lighting and the power relay coils. I am guessing that this is there to disable the power when the engine is not running. There is no ignition switch/key on the bike. Is my guess likely to be right? The problem is that the battery gets drained overnight and one of the aforementioned relays is always on.

Reply to
Mark