Off-peak electric heating?

I'm looking to buy a house with off-peak storage heaters. It's in a rural location (which is why I'm interested) and has no mains gas. Googling seems to reveal that installing oil-fired central heating is the way to go. However, most of the sites seem to be of the windmill-touting, tree-hugging, green variety which I don't trust to be objective.

Has anybody done this?

How much did it cost to install from scratch? (The house is an average-sized, 1980s, three-bedroomed detached.)

How has it worked in practice?

TIA

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

why not price it up

Another possible is heat pumps. Air source ones are very low cost, but will cease to be effective at low air temps.

Winter time solar space heating can also pay well:

meow2222