odd flexible tap connector

Bought some nice taps from Screwfix a while back. Monobloc basin tap came with flexible tails. "That's nice!" thinks I.

Now I've come to fitting them I've noticed that on one end of the tail I've got the screw in 10mm-ish fitting with an O ring to go into the tap body. OK so far.

On the other end I've got the connector that would screw onto a standard

1/2" tap, i.e. a 1/2" internally threaded "nut" held captive on the end of the hose, along with a flat rubber washer.

So basically it's the wrong "sex" to join to anything standard that I know of! I could remove the net from a compression fitting (say an isolation valve) and screw into that as the thread seems to be the same, but that's not what the compression fitting was designed for so I'm dubious.

What should I do?

Reply to
stupidworld

I think we have a stopcock whose outlet is that way round. Perhaps that's what they are intended to mate with.

Reply to
Tony Williams

In article , stupidworld writes

'Officially' you should use a compression to BSP parallel male adaptor such as item 6671 on

. The end of the threaded piece is flat and should mate well with the rubber washer. By contrast, the compression fitting with the nut removed will likely have a sharper end which may cut into the washer and cause future problems. Not to say that it won't work, I used stainless flexible tap connectors to attach to the compression ends of the radiator valves on my central heating, but if you go that route, watch for overtightening which would risk cutting into the washer. My connections have been leak free for 18mths.

Reply to
fred

Get an ordinary 15mm compression coupling and remove the backnut and olive from one end the rest of the fitting will fit on the end of the hose.

Reply to
Ed Sirett