Odd cooker problem

twin gas oven (small top oven/grill, larger oven below).

For a while now, the top oven lights fine, but after a couple of minutes the ignition starts repeatedly clicking, even though the oven is on.

Opening the oven door for a second seems to correct the problem (which we discovered, because we opened the door to see if the burner was lit (it is) and the clicking stopped.

Bottom oven is fine.

Is it likely I've managed to smear dirt somewhere critical when cleaning ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

It's a Belling

The ignition is on the gas knob, as you depress to go past the lock position, it sparks, and stops when you release it.

Nothing. Apart from let air into the oven.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Sounds like the microswitch in the knob for the ignition is sticking slightly, the heat from the oven expanding things causes it to come back on, and opening the oven door knocks it just enough to release it?

Reply to
Gazz