O.T. Temp stop watching live TV

In message , Dave Liquorice writes

Oh yes they do

they've all gone mad though

Reply to
geoff

geoff wibbled on Wednesday 18 November 2009 21:47

the council saw the error of their ways and relented)

Reply to
Tim W

In message , geoff writes

Just picked up on this

Reply to
geoff

Councils excepted. And that is what I thought *before* I opened that link.

But yet again it's the media making a mountain out of a mole hill. The playgrounds are enclosed and supervised not not the open public swings and roundabouts in the local park which is the impression the headline and opening para gives.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

geoff wibbled on Wednesday 18 November 2009 22:24

Oh FFS.

Bloody judge must have been on crack. I hope this gets the treatment it deserves at appeal.

Reply to
Tim W

Oh dear. And it not even a Sunday night

ARWadsworth

There's quite a suspicion that the story isn't quite as simple as made out. If you found a gun in your garden would you phone the Chief Superintendent, tell him you'll 'pop in and see him' and NOT tell him what it's about?

Reply to
OG

Indeed, while its easy to be outraged at the injustice of it as presented, there are bits that don't quite add up. Like why take it personally with explaining at least what you planned in advance, why wait a day etc.

Still I suppose in the same situation at least one knows to be a little cautions about how one discloses such a find. An anonymous call first to check the state of play before risking incriminating oneself.

Reply to
John Rumm