O.T. Table Top Fridge

Completely off topic.

Mother is looking for a fridge with a max height of up to 46.5cm to sit on a worktop under a single cupboard (so ventilation should not be a problem). Width available is 60cm and depth 58cm.

There are a few advertised as such but further investigation seems to suggest they are in fact over 46.5cm.

Anyone happen to know of any that short? Otherwise it looks like I will be doing some on-topic DIY to lift the cupboard.

TIA for any ideas.

Reply to
Invisible Man

Camping fridge? or one designed for a caravan?

Beer cooler?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

240v worktop one for 91 year old mother who is short of space in her little sheltered flat.
Reply to
Invisible Man

My beer cooler is 48cm high, they all seem about the same.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Lots of people are saying this one is 450mm high but elsewhere it is said to be 510 high. Other models vary similarly. All a bit of a nightmare.

?ID=74

Reply to
Invisible Man

Just make sure it can't slide off the worktop if she falls backwards whilst holding the door. I have a counter top freezer which is surprisingly unstable.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Dont use a beer fridge as a food fridge though, theyre unable to consistently maintain a safe temperature, and food poisoning is likely sooner or later. You can get 240v caravan size fridges.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Didn't know that. We occassionaly use ours as an 'overflow' fridge, usually just overnight.

Are they missing a component or just very basic?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They dont have enough cooling power to keep food safe on hot days Also as a long term food fridge they have crp energy efficiency.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

They dont have enough cooling power to keep food safe on hot days Also as a long term food fridge they have crp energy efficiency.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Cheers for that, I'll alert SWMBO.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If you keep a thermometer in it, you'll know what its capable of, and whether its food usable some of the time, or in some cool corner.

NT

Reply to
meow2222