[O/T] POLL: Marmalade on toast with or without butter?

NOT TOAST!

Bread soldiers.

With best butter.

But there again we have our own hens' eggs ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You haven't had toast, butterand my bees' honey and ginger ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Too true Mary. I not one for honey. However is that an offer to good to miss? keeping the discounts group on track.

Steve

Reply to
Stevie Boy

S'up to you.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hi Mary:))

Long time no see, how are you? Do you have some of your own bees now?

Hope all is well:)

Ophelia

All is the same as ever.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh well.. You do have a good honey supplier so I don't suppose it matters a lot. That honey is really nice

Ophelia

I don't understand, I only supply the honey produced by my own bees.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh? The last time I visited you, you didn't have any bees? I am glad if you got some more hives:)) Where are they?

Ophelia

Aww...here's a hanky. No, no - that's okay, you can keep it.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

ROFL..... you are badddddddddddd :)))))

Reply to
Ophelia

No - one or the other, never both

Reply to
Steve Walker

Do they still call it marge? Or even margarine? I thought it was now 'spread'. Like dripping ...:-)

I never put marmalade on dripping.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Definately both, butter being my preferred spread but I dont mind any other, but never just marmalade. Actually I always have 2 slices, one with marmite and one with marmalade/honey/jam to make a balanced meal of savoury then sweet.

Reply to
Jackie Green

I always have a glace cherry on my cream cake, just to get the "five a day".

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Nah my grandad makes the best Maramalade ;-)

I do, but i use Marge, 'cos i'm a poor student and still live at home, and that's what mum buys :D Although, during term time, i myself buy Gold.

Reply to
DanTXD

I was given the book when I was six (the book is "Now We Are Six") and loved it. The bit that always puzzled me at that age was why it said "milk for his porringer", I was sure they had spelt porridge wrong, oh for those far off days of innocence. There is also a poem about a nasty illness called Alice that Christopher Robin went down with. ;o)

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Now, dripping toast with a touch of salt and pepper, that is something else. Nowadays though you don't seem to get the same delicious dripping that we used to have. No doubt something to do with the Common Market (for those who remember it being that) interfering with all sorts of things like fish and chips (stopped them being cooked in dripping) and cucumbers (said they must be straight) etc, etc......moan, moan, moan...... ;o)

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

I've just thought about something - how do you come to be hving breakfast* with so many different people?

Or perhaps I shouldn't ask ...

Mary

*yes, I know that's making assumptions
Reply to
Mary Fisher

No, you were a bright child. How many 6 yos now would know how to spell porridge? Or even porage.

:-)

I couldn't agree more!

Mary

Reply to