[O/T] POLL: Marmalade on toast with or without butter?

What's going on? :-)

So many of the people I meet these days in the UK put marmalade on their toast with no butter.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned or something because I put butter (margarine actually) on toast as well as marmalade.

Now you might think I am wacko to ask about this but ....

... do you put butter/marge with your marmalade on toast?

Reply to
Butter or marge please

[O/T] & crossposting, what a splendid combination ;-(
Reply to
Johannes

Covers all bases then!

Btw, my answer would be "with butter". Definitely. Too dry without.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I'll vote for wacko

(Good grief, I replied! Must be jacko too.)

Reply to
GB

I wouldn't use a butter substitute for ANYTHING!

The best bread (I make it) deserves the best butter (Welsh, 3% salt) and the best marmalade (I make it).

I suspect that people who don't separate their bread and marmalade are health or weight conscious.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Always with butter. I imagine it would be too dry without.

I even put butter on when having peanut butter.

Reply to
Andy

I'm reasonably health and weight conscious and I'm with you - I wouldn't use a butter substitute for anything. All my baking and spreading requirements are fulfilled using butter - I wouldn't dream of buying marge - full of all those nasty additives!

Nik - I still haven't managed to get this breadmaking stuff right ........

Reply to
Nik

I'm guessing you meant "butter" in that sentence. Try as I might, I just can't imagine a roast beef + horseradish sandwich tasting that nice with marmalade.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Me too. It needs the extra lubrication. Bread, butter, peanut butter, golden syrup ... bliss!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Are we still on the subject of toast?

Reply to
Gøñzølã

but peter you could dip it in your cuppa ;0)

Reply to
i didnt say that i dont think

Without.

If there's no marmalade I do enjoy using that "I can't believe it's not margarine" stuff. Comes from cows, apprently.

Reply to
johnty

Well, that *is* the subject of the thread ...

To me anything with horseradish could only be improved by the addition of mamrmalade:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh, sorry, no.

I'll go and have myself whipped.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

With a little help from Man but certainly not as much as the junk made in factories.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Here was me thinking that this is usenet..... :-)

Mamrmalade? Is that some sort of orange flavour stuff that women breast-feed to their babies?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Wot? No banana? Graham

Reply to
graham

You don't think that makes you just a little bit biased ? ;o)

Reply to
Gizmo

Mary is that with cream or marmalade :0)

Reply to
i didnt say that i dont think

Sorry. Again.

It's what's produced by urgently being called for lunch.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher