?O/T House purchase - sellers leaving junk

If they are determined to leave it get it all listed as fixtures and fitting at an appropriate price, purchased separately. There will then be no stamp duty payable on that portion. Of course, the saving probably won't be enough to cover the removal costs.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com saying something like:

200 fewer cats in his neighbourhood.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Mike the Unshavable wrote in news:Xns97B4D2F672A2Dsifrancecomxxx@216.168.3.44:

In addition to at least some of the rotten things already mentioned, vendor on my last purchase had the electricity switched off (company fuse removed) on the very day that we moved in. Really nice to have no lights, no fridge, no phone, not even a bloomin' cup of tea.

The electricity company did get someone to refit the fuse before the evening had become too dark (well done). The very person who had removed it a few hours earlier - who absolutely could not understand why they had done so and had been waiting for the call. Our solicitor not impressed but little they could do. Ironically, they would have had beeter grounds if the fuse had not been refitted so quickly.

Why do people want to upset the people who bought their property? At least at the time, that feels like the only possible explanation of some of the behaviour.

Reply to
Rod

Rod wrote: eeter grounds if the fuse had not been refitted so quickly.

Because the bastards beat them down on price.

The house that was here, before I rebuilt it - had been on the market over a year..I went in with a very cheeky offer, and moaned to the estate agent that that was all the mortgage I could afford, but I was not in a chain, and I got it really cheap.

They took EVERYTHING that could be removed in half an hour with a screwdriver..Not a single curtain, decent curtain rail, lightbulb, toilet roll holder, nothing.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But luck on the bright side - it saved you having to strip it all out before your rebuild!

Reply to
Tony Hogarty

If you were cheeky why were you offended?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Scrambled egg ... Omelette ?

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy

They're egg, not milk ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

How do you make scrambled egg without milk?

Reply to
John Cartmell

The message from snipped-for-privacy@technologist.com contains these words:

Rarely. Don't use milk in an omelette.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from John Cartmell contains these words:

Badly, but then it's pretty foul stuff anyway.

Reply to
Guy King

Simple. Just leave it out.

The results are far better.

Reply to
Andy Hall

But that doesn't produce 'scrambled egg'.

Reply to
John Cartmell

Yes it does.

Simply use a little butter and no milk.

Break eggs (3) into a bowl, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Beat with a fork until the eggs do not stick to the fork. Put 2 teaspoons of butter to melt in a small pan. Pour in the eggs. Cook over a *low* heat, stirring all the time until the eggs thicken.

The technique is to remove them from the heat just before they are set. Cooking will complete while they are being served.

People make the mistake of using milk and/or cooking them too fiercely and/or not keeping them moving all the time in the pan. Getting scrambled eggs to be perfect is a skill that is not difficult but it's a matter of seconds either way.

This method and served with Aga toast. Perfection.

Use of milk typically results in lumpy bits in liquid which is completely wrong and unnecessary - the type of rubbish that is served in breakfast buffets in hotels. This should be a capital offence like serving of hot food on cold plates. hanging isn't good enough for that crime.

Reply to
Andy Hall

crème fraîche, fromage frais will do

Reply to
DJC

Butter=preserved milk in this case - ie substitute. It's *not* the same recipe with the milk left out as you claimed.

Reply to
John Cartmell

There are dozens of different recipes for scrambled egg. Milk is one thing that can be used with the eggs, butter is a second, cream is a third and so on.

You said that in the sbsence of milk it is not scrambled egg. That is not the case.

With a more open mind, even you could make it properly.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes. It's also possible to use ordinary cream or even extra virgin olive oil.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You need milk or a milk substitute. You'll note that your substitutes are all milk products.

No. You said that you can make scrambled eggs without milk by simply leaving out the milk. You cannot. I said that simply leaving out the milk produces something other than scrambled egg. That's correct.

Reply to
John Cartmell

Actually you don't. It's perfectly possible to use olive oil or even sunflower oil. The only requirement is some form of fat. The main issue is to cook it very slowly and carefully, keeping it moving and knowing when to stop. Most people add milk because the can't do these things. The result is lumpy bits in liquid.

Wrong. My precise words were "Simple. Just leave it out"

I made no comment at that point as to alternative possibilities.

Reply to
Andy Hall