O T Begging charity adverts on TV

I hate and turn off all adverts but charities are the worse speshly the ones that state only 30% goes to the cause....just a money making business....and all those weans are just the next generation of boat people....they will take the food out of YOUR mouth....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Yes, and because of the coverage they get ither smaller charities suffer

Reply to
pc

The RSPCA are only interested if cameras are behind them, they won't take on travellers or anything with danger involved, those animals don't mattrr, the calll centre told me once that traveller horses don't need water because they are used to not having any. I used to spend hours every day taking water as they were desperate

Reply to
pc

It would never do to interfere with your free food parcels.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Yes afternoons are the worst, in fact several of us call them bleeding hearts tv.

I think the problem is that there are too many doing it now. I don't want a cuddly tiger or for guide dog cuddly puppy and pupdates or anything else. I just want them to stop wasting money on adverts and toys and gimmicks and let the people have the goods or resources they need.

I once got fooled by a Blue Peter project to pump water to a village somewhere in Africa, 5 years after it had been built the villagers had moved on to find better land to grow stuff in or for their livestock. What was the bloody point? Did nobody do their homework on the way these folk lived?. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

All of the causes are just, but that is not the point, without tackling the why, of the situation you might as well set fire to your money. It may seem harsh, and it is, but if the governments in the area are unable to protect their people or their wildlife, one considers they have probably tried and failed, what makes the rest of the Earth feel they can do any better? All of it needs a rethink. In the case of wildlife, make money out of tourism or other resources, into the case of people, they seem to continually make the same mistakes. They should learn from history. Its there to teach you. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

indeed

Reply to