O rings

I have spent some time today looking for some replacement O rings for our kitchen tap. Went to a very good old fashioned iron mongers but they did not have the right diameter and rubber thickness. I also tried 2 plumbers merchants who came up with the same. One did suggest that if I can get a manufacturers name, he can try ordering some for me. Is there any national company that I can try to get some?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I bought the box of mixed O-rings here:

The kit might (or might not) have the ones you want - but it has proved useful quite a few times for me. Often has an adequate near-fit that will do even if it does not have the exact one.

Reply to
Rod

These people

keep all spares - including O-rings - for Franke taps, and possibly for others.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Toolstation do O ring kits

expect screwfix do them too. As did Aldi a few months back.

Reply to
dennis

You can get kits of assorted O rings. Screwfix etc. Even saw what looked to be a reasonable selection at a good price in Maplin.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

AFAIK O rings are standard sizes and taps are made to suit existing O rings, rather than O rings being specially made to fit taps. Doesn't make sense any other way.

Get a kit from SF or TS or whoever, one is bound to fit, Silicone grease is a good idea.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I have become damn popular since I bought that O ring kit in Aldi a few months ago.

Might even manage to use a couple of them myself before they all go. :((

Reply to
EricP

If it's an old tap it may use imperial o-rings, which are not quite as easy to find.

Ian

Reply to
The Real Doctor

You could try a look here

about the logo that floats acrss the page

Reply to
The Wanderer

If the O ring comes into contact with the water, it needs to be made from a WRAS approved material, such as EPDM.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .me.uk>"

Many industrial towns have a bearings or engineering supplies outlet. I bought some o-rings for my dishwasher for 50p. Several appliance spares suppliers wanted about £9 for a kit. Need (ideally) the bore size and the diameter of the rubber

Reply to
John

It was bought well into the metric era, so any modern O ring should be OK.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Well, that should keep me busy for a long time. Lots of interesting sidelines to look at. Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Thanks for that Colin, I didn't know about the rubber spec.

Dave

Reply to
Dave